Stress Awareness Month
15 April 2019
Your library is here for you
April is ‘Stress Awareness Month’ so we’ve put together some information to help you #StudyWell while managing stress and improving your wellbeing.
We are here to support you so please ask us for help at the Library Help Desk if you’re on campus.
If you’re studying at home you can get in touch with us via email, by calling us on 01245 686555 or via online chat – take a look here for further details: https://libweb.anglia.ac.uk/askus/index2.htm
Take care of yourself
- Find a healthy balance.
- Energy drinks can only do so much – take regular breaks and eat well to keep your brain active.
- Take a break – stretch your legs and take a short walk round the campus.
- Be positive/Stay motivated.
- Don’t skip breakfast – eating a nutritional breakfast can improve daily and long-term academic performance.
- Drink plenty of water.
Prone to procrastination? Keep putting things off?
- Change your environment – find a study zone that suits you – quiet or silent?
- Break down the big things – smaller chunks make it more manageable.
- Make a study plan and establish a routine.
- Set time limits and reward yourself for completing tasks.
- Start now – momentum is important.
- Back your work up regularly – take advantage of having 3GB of secure storage space available in your H drive.
- Invest in a good quality memory stick and look after it. Remember to work on the computer and save back to the memory stick, not the other way round.
- If you’re at home and need IT help, just call 01245 684357
- Remember, you are not the only person submitting so there will be queues and others will be stressed.
- Here are some ways to deal with the stress you might be feeling: https://www.studentminds.org.uk/examstress.html
- Check you understand Turnitin before the deadline – give yourself time to resolve any issues that may occur.
- If you need to print your work, credit your account online using the ‘Printing Web Payment’ link on My.Anglia: https://payments.anglia.ac.uk/print
- Make sure you know how to log in and leave plenty of time to upload your work.
- Click on the ‘Turnitin’ logo on MyAnglia to find information and instructions about how to submit your work. You will also find a link to how to get further help.
- Practise using past exam papers if they're available: https://libweb.anglia.ac.uk/exampapers/exampapers.htm
- Give yourself enough time.
- Explain your answers to others. Organise a study group with friends.
- Organise your study space.
- Plan your exam day.
- Check the online referencing guide on the library website: https://libweb.anglia.ac.uk/referencing/harvard.htm