Physical access to University Library CambridgeTravelling and parking information for the Cambridge Campus can be found on the ARU Website.
The Library entrance is located inside the Mumford Building.
- Your ID card is required to enter and exit through the entrance gates.
- An extra wide entrance gate enables access for persons in a wheelchair or other accessibility devices.
- Please ask the colleague at the Library Reception desk if you need assistance
Toilet facilities are outside the library, opposite the library entrance next to Lecture Theatre Lab026.
Guide dogs are permitted in the library.
Hearing loops are available at the Reception Desk and Help Desk.
Assistive resources: document holders, book holders, writing slopes, coloured overlays, and baskets to carry books available from the Library Reception Desk.
Fire exits: at the rear of the Group Study area, by the lift, where there is also a fire safety area.
Study Rooms are all available to book and have a PC and a screen
- Rooms 1 and 2 Ground Floor
- Rooms 3, 4, and 5 First floor
- Rooms 6, 7, 8 and 10 Second Floor
Height adjustable tables:
- Ground floor has two tables with PCs available in Mum012 and one table with a Digital Library Terminal near the printers in the rear part of the Group Study area
- First floor has two by the windows near Science Building and one below the red wall stating "Quiet Zone". There is also one by the Primary Source Collection
- Second Floor has one with a Digital Library Terminal by the stairs and one in Study Room 10
- Third floor has one with a PC and another with a CCTV magnifier for enlarging the text of books near the lift and two at the other end of the floor
The lift can be used to access all floors, announces each floor.
If you need assistance on the upper floors then please use the Help Phone by the lift.
Page Last Reviewed: 21st September 2021 by Ros Francis.