Study Space SurveyIn April 2015 we asked for your views on our study spaces and on our library rules. More than 100 of you completed our survey, and we had a great response to the posters in our library spaces too.
What we found was:
- In Cambridge, lots of you just want more space of all kinds -and silent study desks and our study rooms and pods were in highest demand.
- In Chelmsford we have enough space - but you would like more study rooms and pods.
- About one in five of you want to be able to eat in the library - and almost everyone who said that is in Cambridge.
- Unfortunately a bigger library at Cambridge isn't being planned at the moment - so instead we'll try to identify and publicise other spaces on campus that you could use for study. We'll also try to find other ways to manage noise more effectively so the space we have is what you want (whether for silent, quiet or group study).
- We're not sure where we could put more study pods, on any of our sites - but we'll keep looking for inspiration; let us know if you have any more thoughts.
- We think that some of you might want to eat in Cambridge because you don't want to lose your space at lunchtime - and although we're sympathetic, we also have a lot of feedback from users who don't want food in our libraries, so for now we'll be keeping that rule.
Page Last Reviewed: 14th April 2017 by Hannah Fogg.