National Stress Awareness Day 3rd Nov 2021
01 November 2021
National Stress Awareness Day aims to identify and reduce the stress factors in your life.
- Everyone has stress.
- Some stress is good for us. It helps us to respond to changes in life.
- However, too much stress causes harm to our health and relationships. At ARU our Counselling and Wellbeing Service is here to support your mental wellbeing and help you if you feel like you’re struggling.
As well as our counsellors, mental health advisers and wellbeing advisers, you also have access to a new wellbeing app called Fika.
Fika is an app which helps you maintain your mental fitness and it is designed to help you thrive at university. Activities include mindfulness, visualisation, wellbeing activities, character education, and trainer led mental fitness. As well as activities you can work through, you can attend live events and workshops lead by our own ARU Peer Wellbeing Mentors.
ARU also offers help to manage your mental health with SilverCloud.
SilverCloud will help you understand how you’re feeling and give ideas on how to manage your thoughts, feelings and behaviours.
Don’t get stressed - study help and tips:
- Take a look at past exam papers - you can access some of them online through the library website.
- Use the Harvard guide on the library website and follow the examples to have make sure your references are accurate.
- Attend a Study Skills Plus session or work through the online resources: https://web.anglia.ac.uk/anet/studyskillsplus/index.phtml.
- Take care of yourself. Find a healthy balance.
- Take a break – stretch your legs and take a short walk round the campus
- Be positive/Stay motivated.
- Don’t skip breakfast – eating a nutritional breakfast can improve daily and long-term academic performance.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Check out our wellbeing wall (2nd Floor, Cambridge) and Wellbeing room (1st Floor, Chelmsford) and our wellbeing guide
- Book a Librarian - book a 30 minute appointment with a subject librarian to discuss how to find and evaluate information for your projects.