Apprentices! The Library is here for you too
07 February 2023
National Apprentice Week 2023
We know studying while working is hard so we want to make sure our apprentice students know we're here to help make things a little easier.
The biggest challenge for many apprentices is finding enough time to do all the things they need to do so hopefully these library services and tips will help you work more efficiently and make the most of the time you have available:
- Ebooks – Most of our books are available as ebooks which means you can access them online at any time of day without having to make a special trip to the library or worrying about returning them. Select the options for “Books” and “Full text online” when you do a search on our library website to make it easier to find what you need quickly. Log in and save books you know you’ll be using a lot to your Favourites so you don’t have to search for them each time you need them.
- Subject Guides – Make it easier to focus in on what you need for your subject area by looking at your subject guide. These pages have been specially curated by our dedicated Subject Librarians who know which resources are best for each subject area and bring them all together in one space. Favourite your Subject Guide to make it even easier to find it when you need to know where to search for information.
- Study skills guides – We have online guides designed to help you improve your academic skills so if you want to know how to write better essays, make brilliant presentations, or boost your maths skills this guides are for you:
- Referencing guides – No matter which style you need to use for your course we have the guides to help you get your referencing perfect so you don't miss out on any important marks.
- Our staff – If you need to ask a quick question you can use our online Chat service between 09:00 – 17:00 Monday to Friday or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and our staff will get back to you as soon as they’re available. Online appointments are available with our team to discuss using the library resources and help with your research for assignments so get in touch and we will help you.
- FAQs – If we’re not around to answer your question or you just want a quick answer to something try our FAQ pages for answers to our most commonly asked questions.
Don’t forget, it’s important to take breaks and look after yourself even when you don’t feel like you have enough time to fit it in. Our Health and Wellbeing Guide has lots of useful links to organisations that can help with different issues and has all the support services available to you as a student at ARU. Remember, you are not alone on this journey and we are here to help so please just get in touch if you feel it could be useful.