Employability's Futures Festival - 7th - 11th March
09 March 2022
Supporting Careers Week
7th-11th March is National Careers Week and to celebrate our Employability service is holding the “Futures Festival – Graduate Edition”, a week of events open to final year students, post-graduate students and recent graduates to help you develop your career ideas, identify graduate opportunities and make industry connections. There’s more information at ARU Career Centre along with tips on researching employers and an Employer Tracker tool. The full timetable of events is available to view here: https://arul.ink/futures-festival-programme
Did you know that ARU Library can also help you with resources to help build your job-hunting skills and researching prospective employers?
There’s a selection of job-hunting ebooks in our virtual ‘Get that Job’ collection - including books providing advice on CVs, interviews, social media and managing your career. Search the library website for more books - ARU | University Library:
Use our databases to help you research potential employers, for example:
- Companies and public sector organisations may feature in the news. Not all sources are available free online like BBC News or The Guardian for example, but you have free access to a range of newspapers through the library ARU | University Library: Newspapers
- Journals such as the Architects Journal, The Bookseller, and The Economist can help you keep up to date with developments in your field so you can show off your professional awareness during interviews and applications.
- See our Subject Guide for business databases and how to use them Databases - Business - LibGuides at Anglia Ruskin University, including:
- FAME (UK) or Osiris (international) for company details and finance,
- Mintel - for market information,
- Business Source Premier - for journal articles and company reports.
Good luck with your job hunting!