From 21 September the University Library will be fully open!
15 September 2020
The opening hours for all 3 libraries are available at https://library.aru.ac.uk/about/openhours.html
The basics: wear your face covering, keep your distance, wash your hands, follow the one way system and other restrictions to make a safe space for all.
COVID19 has affected how our libraries can function and how you use them, so please read about the measures we’ve put in place below and our services from the 21 September:
- Wear your face covering when travelling around the library: Please wear your face covering when travelling around the library. If you are studying at a distanced or screened study space you may remove your face covering but please put it back on when you move from the study space.
- Reduced study spaces: There are less spaces to study so that you can keep your distance and keep safe. Spaces are clearly marked to show where you can sit to study.
- One way routes: Our libraries have now been set up to provide separate routes up and down between floors to allow more easy physical distancing when moving around the libraries. Lifts are limited to use by one person at a time.
- Access to shelves: Our shelves are now accessible for you to browse and choose your resources but some will be limited to one person at a time and others will be part of a one way system so you can move around the library safely.
- No Food Allowed: We are not allowing food in the libraries as our set up does not have facilities available for hand washing close by.
- Wipes for study tables, PC keyboards and mice: We have provided antibacterial wipe stations around the libraries. Please wipe down your study table and the PC keyboard and mouse when you arrive to use a study space and when you finish using it.
- Use hand sanitiser after using the self-service machines: Our self-service machines at Cambridge and Chelmsford have been set up for borrowing and returning on separate machines to minimise contact. At Peterborough you will need to select the option on the screen. Please use the hand sanitiser provided nearby after using any self-service machines including printers (or wash your hands.)
- Request items from other sites or items out on loan: You can still request items held at other sites or items on loan to be delivered to your site for pick up via our request service.
- Returned items quarantined: Items returned to the library will be quarantined for 72 hours before being shelved back in the library.
- Avoid touching your face and wash hands while studying in the library: If you use library books, PC’s, CDs or DVDs in the library please ensure that you avoid touching your face and wash your hands after use. Note: we cannot quarantine all items touched in the libraries.
- Face to face enquiries: Staff are available at our screened desks to help with short enquiries but longer enquiries will be referred online to ensure yours and our safety.
- IT enquiries: personal online support has been set up to provide more detailed help via https://web.anglia.ac.uk/it/students/
- Any group work must still follow COVID19 safe behaviours: If you are not in the same household/bubble you need to keep 1m+ apart and wear face coverings. Our study rooms/pods are now for individual use as we can’t guarantee 1m+ distance, please be mindful of others if you have to work in groups.
- Laptop Loans: The laptop loan service will be returning at Cambridge and Chelmsford. When the service is available users will be expected to wipe down the laptops on collection and before returning them to the lockers.
- Click and Collect service: Our new Click and Collect service is designed for those studying off site. It is being trialed for you to come in and collect books to minimise your time in the libraries. We will be collecting the books from the shelves Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, it will take up to 2 working days to fill the requests. Please only come in to collect when you get the email telling you the item(s) are ready for collection. You may request up to 10 items at a time.